27.4.13

"Tag Team back again, check it, wreck it - let's begin"

Hi my lovelies,

A LOT has changed since the last time I posted on here (and let's be honest, I was hardly posting; I was updating you with photos of things I liked, or partied I had attended). So I'll fill you in a little bit (I'm very conscious that I don't want to bore your/ complain my butt off!) and then hopefully I will maintain this blog as my design or personal blog as a opposed to my tumblr which is far more accessible for me and is mainly just stuff I like.

So I took last year off after completing my HSC with no idea what I wanted to do with my life (at different points last year I was enrolled to study Arts, Nursing, Advertising and then Business/Communications) (I use brackets too much, sorry), I worked when I could, or when i was given work and finally saved up, not enough, to travel to Europe with my best friend, conveniently also named Holly. We went to Turkey, The Greek Islands, Italy, England and Ireland, and I will post some of the high lights later perhaps. I came home broke and ready to move away to study, begun working at out of school hours care, which I love doing with all my heart and then quite literally three weeks before I was about to move out I changed my mind and organised an interview at the Whitehouse Institute of Design. I am happy to say I was accepted to study Fashion Design and am now gradually losing my sanity, my money and my life as my studies progress!!

In the coming weeks I will post a bit sporadically, and backtrack a bit with some of the stuff that has happened in the last year (only the super interesting, life changing lame stuff i can think of though). In advance, I apologise for my mirror selfies in my messy bathroom; I have given up on asking my mum to take photos for me because she has no idea how to work a camera.

For now, here is a little summary and introduction to my life as a design student.

Lot of love,
Holly

The Whitehouse library
Pattern making woes

Spoilt
My homework > your homework 
My week feat. Kate
The only commandment you need

Jacket: vintage Levi's, skirt: Topshop, Bag: Longchamp and Peasant Blouse: from an unknown boutique in Mykonos 

Jeans: Wrangler, Anorak: Sportsgirl, Smock: Zara, Beanie: Unknown
I will write a bigger piece on this later but at the moment I'm the wardrobe supervisor for this short film, which is a lot of fun! It's stressful, long hours and a lot of work but it's very satisfying combining my love of film, fashion and history together for this project.  


No comments:

Post a Comment