29.5.13

RESORT 2014

I always find it a bit overwhelming to keep up with every show, especially inter-seasonal collections. After the main seasons, I definitely think I've had enough for the next six months (especially after the stress of the live stream, or lack there of Alexander Wang's debut at Balenciaga). However, I know I can't ignore the inter-seasonal shows. These collections are usually more commercial, and they are after all, for our benefit; who wants to wait six months for a new wardrobe? Your wardrobe should be constantly evolving and growing (hopefully not like mine; into large tartan laundry bags!). So, these are my three favourite looks so far...
Christian Dior navy blue is my favourite colour, so I can't go past this dress. I genuinely struggled choosing a favourite from this show. I would have worn a lot of it, despite my tendency to stay away from colours. Style.com


Christian Dior Doesn't this look like such fun? Style.com

Tory Burch I love my simple silhouettes (I think they're more flattering) Style.com


I thought I would have more to say, but I don't really feel comfortable saying what I don't like about other designer's work. I have come to learn that the design process is very personal and reflective of who you are as a person. And ultimately, everybody has different tastes, and this is mine. 

I always have  always had a weak spot for seeing the designer at the end of the show. I can only imagine what they have just been through, weeks of no sleep! That would be the worst bit, to be honest. Also, I think it's important to recognise the brain/creative behind the brand, not only because I too, want to be recognised one day but because there are so many more people involved than the pretty model's face you see on the runway. But how lovely do Karl and Raf look? So happy! I love seeing people smile in the industry (makes me feel a bit more confident about my career choice!)

Lagerfeld at Chanel. Style.com

Simon at Christian Dior. Style.com
Donatella Versace and J.W. Anderson. Style.com

I am sorry I have been so slack with this, but I promise there is more coming soon, some of my own stuff too! 
Lots of love, 
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment